The Chew: Daphne Oz Snack Recipes
Daphne Oz made some great snacks for kids on The Chew, including her Sushi Bites recipe and her Pancake Sandwiches recipe. The sushi bites are bread flattened out, spread with cream cheese, and filled with veggies. The pancake sandwiches are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made out of silver dollar banana pancakes. What child wouldn’t love these recipes?
Check out my attempt to reproduce them below!
The Chew: Daphne Oz Sushi Bites Recipe Ingredients
- Whole Wheat Bread (Crust Removed)
- Cream Cheese
- Cucumber (Cut into Small Sticks)
- Red Bell Pepper (Cut into Small Sticks)
- Avocado (Mashed)
- Carrots (Cut into Small Sticks)
Daphne Oz: The Chew Sushi Bites Recipe Directions
- Roll out each slice of bread.
- Spread out the cream cheese onto each slice. Make sure not to add too much, because you don’t want it to be overwhelming.
- Add the cucumber, red bell pepper, avocado, and carrots to the bread and then roll the bread around the veggies. Then slice it like sushi so they become little rolls. If you wanted to, you could mix up the fillings. Daphne suggested adding jalapeno or crab in it for adults. You could also mix it up and put chicken tenders in there or something like that. The sky is the limit!
The Chew: Daphne Oz Pancake Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Package Store Bought Pancake Batter
- Bananas (Cut into Small Slices)
- Peanut Butter
Daphne Oz: The Chew Pancake Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Pour small amounts of batter on the griddle in the shape of silver dollars. Cook until golden on the one side, then add three banana slices on top and flip. This will give a nice caramelization to the bananas as the other side cooks. Cook the pancake until golden brown.
- Then, smear the peanut butter on each pancake and add some jelly on top. Make a little sandwich, serve, and enjoy!