The Chew: Anglea Bassett Whitney
Angela Bassett came by The Chew to talk about her new Lifetime movie Whitney, about her Waiting to Exhale co-star Whitney Houston. She also helped Clinton Kelly make a delicious low-calorie Lemon Bar recipe. Most lemon bars are anywhere from 600 to 300 calories per bar. This recipe is 120 calories per bar.
Clinton Kelly was completely in awe of Angela Bassett, who he called one of the biggest stars today. He said her role in What’s Love Got to Do With It? was one of the best performances in American cinema. Clinton Kelly is a fan of Angela Bassett.
Because he’s such a fan, he specially created this recipe just for her. He said he tried making a lot of different recipes before coming up with the right recipe and this one he felt was absolutely perfect for Angela Bassett. It looked delicious! And it was definitely Angela Bassett-approved.
Check out my attempt to reproduce Clinton Kelly’s great Lemon Bars recipe below!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Lemon Bars Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coconut
- 1/2 Pound Unsalted Butter
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Lemon Bars Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the batter by working the flour, sugar, coconut, and butter together. Press it into your tin and work it with your fingers to push it out to the edges. You want it to be as flat and as even as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the egg whites. Add the sugar and continue to whisk as you add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. You want this mixture to be completely smooth so it’s not lumpy.
- Pour this mixture on top of the batter in the tin.
- Put it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until very lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.