The Chew: Clinton Visits a Viewer’s Home
Clinton Kelly gave a viewer of The Chew a visit. Her name is Leslie and she has three teenage boys in her house who are always looking for food when they get back from school. So Leslie wants to provide something quick and healthy for them, but she’s not sure what to make.
She uses her Vitamix to create smoothies for them, but she was in a recipe rut. So Clinton suggested she make a Carrot Ginger Soup recipe, because he likes using his Vitamix for that purpose.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Easy Blender-Made Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 6 Carrots (Peeled, Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Onion (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Smashed)
- 1 2 Inch Piece Ginger (Peeled, Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 15 Ounce Can of Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Lime (Wedged)
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Easy Blender-Made Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe Directions
- Bring a drizzle of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic, carrot, and ginger and cook for 2 more minutes. To ease in peeling the ginger, you can use a spoon. It’s easier than using a peeler and quicker than you think.
- Transfer everything to a blender. Clinton used the Vitamix for this segment, but you can use whatever food processor or blender you have handy.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes, and honey. If you’re using a Vitamix, turn it to the soup setting and cook and blend for about 6 minutes until it starts to steam from the lid. If you’re using a normal blender or food processor, blend everything together and then bring to simmering in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Serve with lime wedges and cilantro and enjoy!