The Chew: Dating Game
The Chew held a special edition of The Dating Game on their show for Valentine’s Day, with The Bachelor host Chris Harrison coming by to guest host it. The bachelorette, Chessly, chose Doug as a winner. Because he won, Doug got to make his Portuguese Omelette with Home Fries recipe in front of America for her.
This segment was very awkward because Doug and Chessly were kind of on a first date, because they’d just met, but she was sitting with the guys and Doug was cooking with the girls. As Daphne and Carla interviewed him, Doug and Chessly occasionally had awkward exchanges. But they were adorable together. The Chew hosts gave them a free romantic dinner, so hopefully they work out!
Check out my reproduction of the recipe below!
The Chew: Dating Game Portuguese Omelette with Home Fries Recipe Ingredients
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Cup Spinach (Torn)
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Sausage (Diced; Pre-Cooked)
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoons Pico de Gallo
Home Fries Ingredients
- 1/2 Pound Potatoes
- Olive Oil
The Chew: Dating Game Portuguese Omelette with Home Fries Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees for the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Make sure there’s only one layer.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until they’re nice and brown and crisp. About twice during cooking, take them out and flip so that you have even cooking.
- Start the omelette by melting the butter in a pan and adding the onion and bell pepper. Cook until the onions and bell pepper soften.
- Add the spinach and the sausage and stir.
- Whisk together the eggs with the milk to add some extra fluffiness.
- Once the spinach starts to wilt, add the egg mixture.
- As it continues to cook, press the edges occasionally to see if it’s finished. Once it’s firm, flip in half. When the egg is no longer runny, you know you’re done.
- Add the cheese on top as you put it on the plate. Add the pico de gallo on top.
- Serve with potatoes and enjoy!