The Chew: Ultimate Power Breakfast
Mario Batali teamed up with Patrick Wilson from the movie Let’s Kill Ward’s Wife on The Chew to share an Energy-Boosting Breakfast Tacos Recipe that will make your mouth water.
Batali spent some time in Mexico recently, where he rediscovered his love of the breakfast taco. “The trick to a good scrambled egg is not to let it set too much,” Batali explained, so keep stirring.
The Chew: Mario Batali Energy-Boosting Breakfast Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 4 6” Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (or use Water)
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1/4 cup Parsley (or use Cilantro)
- 5 Eggs
- Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1/2 fine chopped Jalapeno
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled Jalapenos
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Tomatillo Salsa Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb husked, rinsed Tomatillos
- 1 Serrano Chili
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Juice and Zest of 1 Orange
- Salt & Pepper
Mario Batali: The Chew Energy-Boosting Breakfast Tacos Recipe Directions
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a fork. Add cream with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan preheated on medium. Pour eggs into the pan and leave them alone until you can see a crust forming on the outside edge.
- Scramble with a whisk and remove from heat as soon as the eggs are no longer runny.
- Heat black beans in a saucepan with the chopped onion and jalapeno. Keep warm off heat.
- Heat a griddle on medium to warm tortillas on each side.
- Scoop scrambled eggs into a warmed tortilla. Add black beans, queso fresco, salsa, and your choice of toppings or garnishes to serve.
- To make the tomatillo salsa, chop all ingredients (except the zest and juice).
- Blend tomatillos with garlic, serrano, and cilantro.
- Add lime juice, orange juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend to your preferred texture and adjust seasonings before serving.