The Chew: Chris Harrison The Bachelor
Michael Symon whipped up a great Roasted Spring Chicken with Carrots recipe on The Chew today as part of their Ultimate Food Fantasies episode. Later, Chris Harrison came by to talk about The Bachelor and to help Clinton Kelly make a great Fantasy Sweet cocktail recipe.
Check out my attempt at reproducing both recipes below!
The Chew: Michael Symon Roasted Spring Chicken with Carrots with Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Poussin Chickens
- 10 Carrots (Peeled, with a Little Bit of an End Left On)
- Fresh Thyme
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 6 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (2 of Them Picked)
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Powder
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Handful of Mint
- Handful of Parsley
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Michael Symon: The Chew Roasted Spring Chicken with Carrots Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 475 to 500 degrees.
- Toss the carrots in olive oil, the picked fresh thyme from 2 sprigs, kosher salt, and black pepper. Then layer in the bottom of the roasting pan. These will act as your rack for the chicken.
- Stir together the 4 sprigs fresh thyme, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Put this mixture into the cavity of the poussin. Rub the outside with salt and chipotle powder. If you wanted to, you could season these the night before, but it’s not necessary.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 in the thigh. Make sure the thermometer isn’t touching the bone when you take the temp.
- Put the almonds and bread crumbs in a saute pan together with some olive oil and toast over low heat. Make sure to keep your eyes on them so they don’t burn.
- Once they’re toasted, toss with parsley, mint, and zest of 1 orange.
- When serving, layer the carrots onto the serving platter, followed by the toasted almond mixture, and the poussin on top.
- Add the chicken stock and butter to the roasting pan and stir around, scraping up the droppings. Pour this over the top of the chicken.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Fantasy Sweet Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka
- 1 Grapefruit Segment
- 2 Blackberries
- 1 Sprig of Mint
- 1/2 Ounce Simple Syrup
- Ice (To Serve)
- Champagne (For Topping)
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Fantasy Sweet Recipe Directions
- Make the simple syrup by combining one part sugar with one part water and heating over low heat in a sauce pan until the sugar dissolves.
- Make the drink by adding the vodka, grapefruit, mint, and blackberries to the bottom of a glass and muddling until well-mixed together. Then add the 1/2 ounce simple syrup and stir.
- Fill the glass and top with champagne.