The Chew: Guillermo Diaz Scandal
Guillermo Diaz came by The Chew to talk about Scandal and to help Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly make a great Popcorn Party Cake recipe. This recipe was called “scandalous” by Carla and Clinton, not just because Guillermo Diaz was around, but because they basically just took everyone’s favorite snack foods, heated them up, and pressed them into cake form. Who wouldn’t love a cake made out of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pretzels, marshmallows, popcorn, and butter? Sign me up!
Better yet, this recipe is incredibly easy. All you need to do is raid your pantry for your favorite snacks and stir them together over low heat and presto, you have yourself a delicious Popcorn Party Cake recipe.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
The Chew: Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly Popcorn Party Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 12 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Pretzel Sticks (Crushed)
- 2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Plus More to Grease the Pan)
- 20 Ounces Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly: The Chew Popcorn Party Cake Recipe Directions
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium low heat and add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are nice and melted.
- Then stir in the popcorn, pretzels, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Stir until combined and then add the sprinkles. Stir the pan again. Make sure to add the sprinkles last; otherwise the color may come off.
- Butter the inside of a large tube pan and add the popcorn mixture carefully. Let sit until fully cooled.
- When you’re ready to serve, gently loosen the edges and flip the cake out onto a platter.
- Cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!