Rachael Ray: Clinton Kelly
The Chew co-host Clinton Kelly visited Rachael Ray’s kitchen with a recipe for Spicy Turkey Meatballs and a Sweet Mango Glaze.
Clinton Kelly is an expert when it comes to drinks, and before he made an Indian Summer Cocktail for Rachael, he shared a tip for serving ice at parties. Place the ice in a colander, and set the colander inside a bowl. That way, the ice that melts will drain into the bowl, and your guests will be able to grab fresh ice using tongs.
Rachael Ray: Clinton Kelly Indian Summer Cocktail Recipe
Don’t get stuck behind the bar or you could miss the whole party. Clinton’s advice is to offer a signature cocktail at your next gathering (along with a red wine and white wine, beer, and sodas), such as this Indian Summer Cocktail.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 or 3 shakes Bitters
- 1 splash Sweet Vermouth
- 1 splash Orange Juice
- Combine bourbon with bitters, vermouth, and orange juice in a highball glass.
- Top off with seltzer and serve.
Rachael Ray: Clinton Kelly Spicy Turkey Meatballs Recipe Ingredients with Sweet Mango Glaze
Turkey is affordable and easy to find in stores. Grated onion adds some moisture to the mix, which is always a good thing when you are working with ground meat. Choose your favorite hot sauce for this recipe. “You really need the spicy to balance out the sweet,” Clinton said.
Rachael reminded everyone that you can use a small ice cream scoop to perfectly portion the meatballs, which is a great tip. “You can make these meatballs for dinner one night. They’re that good,” Clinton promised.
Rachael referred to the finished product as “figure-friendly” and “not too heavy,” which is what you’re going for with hors d’oeuvres.
- 1 grated Onions
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground Dark Turkey Meat
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Sweet Mango Glaze Ingredients
- 1 peeled, cubed Mango
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
Clinton Kelly: Rachael Ray Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Sweet Mango Glaze Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and roll the mixture into 1” balls.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until completely cooked through. Let cool just after taking them from the oven.
- Pulse mango with garlic, honey, balsamic, and water in a food processor. Transfer this to a medium saucepot.
- Simmer and cook about four minutes, stirring as needed, until the glaze begins to thicken.
- Take off heat and work in butter, salt and pepper.
- Insert a toothpick into each meatball and dip it in the mango glaze.
- Serve garnished with a mango cube.
Leave a Reply