Dr Oz: Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
Recently, Dr Oz and Dr Mike Dow had a discussion about how to retrain your taste buds so that you will begin to make healthier choices out of habit. One of the meal ideas they mentioned was the Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich, in which the vegetable takes the place of bread.
That means you are cutting down on carbohydrates and calories, while adding the nutritional benefits of Cauliflower to your meal. Since you have been asking nonstop for this recipe, we could not disappoint you! Be sure to spread the word, because everyone is going to want to try this sandwich for themselves.
Of course, on a rainy day, there is not much else in the world that is better than a Grilled Cheese Sandwich and a cup of Tomato Soup. Now you can enjoy this heavenly pairing that much more by making a simple, healthy, and satisfying change.
Dr Oz: Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
- 1 riced head of Cauliflower
- 1/3 cup shredded Jack Cheese (or use Mozzarella)
- 1 pinch of grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 beaten Egg
- 2 tsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
Dr Oz: Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 425 F.
- Mix riced cauliflower with nutmeg, egg, nutmeg, jack cheese, and pepper.
- On a prepared baking sheet, form the mixture into four equally portioned squares. Bake about 12 minutes, to light brown.
- Let the cauliflower “bread” cool before taking it off the baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a warm nonstick pan. Add two slices of bread to the pan, cooking them for up to three minutes.
- Then flip the bread and sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheddar on one of the slices. Cover it with the second slice and press down during cooking to ensure that the cheese melts.
- Flip the sandwich one last time and cook it for one or two minutes before serving.
- Repeat the steps to make a second sandwich with the remaining ingredients.