The Talk: Classic Cookie Idea
Prado’s new cookbook, Let Them Eat Cake, is in stores now. It features tips and tricks to help you make all the recipes in the book gluten-free and vegan, if you like. If not, you can always do it the traditional way.
“This is my version of my favorite peanut butter sandwich cookie that we all know and love from childhood,” she said. “They’re super fun because they’re great to assemble with your children.” She suggested customizing the filling with whatever you want on the inside.
The Talk: Gesine Bullock-Prado Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 4 tbsp room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 cup Peanut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1 pinch of Salt
Gesine Bullock-Prado: The Talk Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe Directions
- Use the paddle attachment on your stand mixer to cream the butter with sugar on high speed until it’s fluffy. Then mix in the egg.
- After you scrape the sides of the mixing bowl, add vanilla with peanut butter until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the flours with baking powder and salt, stirring about 30 seconds. Then add this to the mixer and work it in.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap. Chill for 20 minutes while you preheat the oven at 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
- Scoop two teaspoons of dough next to one another on the parchment, with about 1/8” in between. Gently press to flatten the cookies so that they slightly touch. Use the tines of a fork to create a crisscross pattern in the cookies.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the dough, leaving about 1” of space between pairs of cookies.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes and let cool.
- Combine filling ingredients. Spread 1 tsp of filling on the bottom half of each cookie and place the top half on top.