Today Food: Giada De Laurentiis
There is always something to celebrate during summer, so Giada De Laurentiis visited the Today Food kitchen to share an ultimate party food, her Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Goat Cheese Dipping Sauce. Giada also shared a party idea for Chicken Chopped Salad Lettuce Cups.
Giada said that shrimp and seafood tend to be more affordable in the summer (plus, you can save more money by peeling and deveining the shrimp yourself). “I like to leave the tail on, because I think it makes it more festive, especially for a party,” Giada said. Plus, the tail makes these easier to enjoy as appetizers or finger food.
She used a sauce that might remind you of buffalo wings to dress up the shrimp, pairing it with what she said might be the last dip recipe you’ll ever need. If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, substitute blue cheese, parmesan, Swiss, or cheddar cheese instead.
Today Show: Giada De Laurentiis Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Goat Cheese Dipping Sauce Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb peeled, deveined Shrimp
- 4 minced cloves Garlic
- 6 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp grated Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Goat Cheese Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz fresh Goat Cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp fine chopped Shallot
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 tsp Kosher Salt
Giada De Laurentiis: Today Show Buffalo Grilled Shrimp with Goat Cheese Dipping Sauce Recipe Directions
- In a bowl, toss shrimp with 4 tbsp hot sauce. Mix in garlic with lemon zest and vegetable oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Saute shallots in oil for about two minutes.
- Stir in spices using a wooden spoon. After one minute, add heavy cream with salt.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer the pan contents for about five minutes; they will start to thicken.
- Whisk in goat cheese a little at a time, until smoothly incorporated.
- Take off heat and let cool about five minutes. Stir herbs into the sauce.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium high.
- Salt the shrimp and grill it for two to three minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to a clean bowl and toss with 2 tbsp hot sauce.
- Serve shrimp with goat cheese dipping sauce.