Good Morning America: Daniel Humm
The hosts of Good Morning America welcomed Chef Daniel Humm of New York City’s Eleven Madison Park to the kitchen with a last-minute Christmas brunch menu idea: the classic Croque Madame.
“You want to get the family together. You want to have comfort food, happiness, deliciousness,” Humm said.
Humm suggested that you put brunch dishes together ahead of time so you can just pop them in the oven. Then you can serve them family-style in the center of the table.
Good Morning America: Daniel Humm Croque Madame Recipe Ingredients
Humm and George Stephanopoulos both have daughters, and in tribute, Humm chose to make Croque Madames. Use a metal cookie cutter to cook your eggs in a perfect shape when you are making them at home.
- 4 Ham Rolls
- 4 slices Canadian Bacon
- 8 slices Gruyere Cheese
- 8 Sunny Side Up Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 1 stick Butter
- 4 cups Milk
- 4 cups grated Gruyere Cheese
Daniel Humm: Good Morning America Croque Madame Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split the ham rolls in half and toast them, cut sides up, on the baking sheet. Top each roll half with a slice of cheese and melt that in the oven.
- Sear Canadian bacon in a saute pan on high heat. Once it is browned and heated through, place one bacon slice in each of the toasted rolls.
- Set two sunny side up eggs on each sandwich.
- Spoon sauce on top of the eggs. Finish with salt and pepper to serve.
- Reduce white wine by half on low heat in a small pot; reserve.
- Melt butter on medium in a saucepot. Whisk in flour, cooking and stirring constantly until the flour is cooked. Add in the thyme sprig with milk, simmering while whisking.
- Once milk has thickened, turn heat down to low and remove the thyme.
- Whisk in grated cheese, but don’t let the sauce get too hot.
- Finish the sauce with wine reduction and salt.
Leave a Reply