Today Show: Angelo Sosa
Today’s Kitchen has been featuring simple one-pot meals, so Kathie Lee and Hoda welcomed chef Angelo Sosa to show them how to prepare a One-Pot Quinoa Risotto recipe. Sosa’s cookbook collection includes the titles Healthy Latin Eating: Our Favorite Family Recipes Remixed and Flavor Exposed: 100 Global Recipes from Sweet to Salty, Earthy to Spicy.
There’s no denying that Quinoa is a hot ingredient for healthy recipes. Sosa shared this version of Risotto, which uses quinoa in place of rice. Kathie Lee and Hoda were struck by the fragrance of the dish as they were stirring it up. You could always substitute frozen corn if fresh ears aren’t in season when you’re making this. Plus, Sosa recommended mixing it up by adding whatever other vegetables you are inspired to include. What do you think you’d want to incorporate into this recipe?
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Angelo Sosa One-Pot Quinoa Risotto Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped Ginger
- 1 1/2 cups Red Quinoa
- 6 peeled, deveined Shrimp (cut in 1/2” pieces)
- 1/2 cup diced Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
- 5 sprigs Basil
- 1/2 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup diced Semi-Dried Chorizo
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels (off the cob)
- 3 tbsp soft Goat Cheese
- 10 sprigs Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Angelo Sosa: Today Show One-Pot Quinoa Risotto Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil in a pot on the stove.
- Once the oil is warmed up, add ginger with garlic, cooking two minutes or so, until the scents come to life.
- Add chorizo with quinoa, cooking and stirring for two minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat. Cover and cook on low for eight minutes.
- Uncover the pot and check to see if the quinoa needs more broth or water added. Adjust as needed.
- Stir in shrimp with tomato and corn. Cook for about three more minutes, until the shrimp is done.
- Serve garnished with goat cheese and herbs.
Leave a Reply