Kathie Lee & Hoda: Penguin Martinis
Lifestyle expert Jeanne Benedict shared a fun and crafty cocktail idea for the bar at your next party. Look at her Penguin Martini Recipe, and also get inspired by Reindeer Marshmallows or Caramel Apple Sparklers.
You can trust that the drinks Benedict shared were good, because Kathie Lee & Hoda tested them out on the show’s staff during the show. Not too many people can say that they went to an office Christmas party on live television.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Jeanne Benedict Penguin Martini Recipe Ingredients
The trick to these Penguin Martinis is the olives that you shape into winter birds using bar ingredients and fresh vegetables. “Even Martha Stewart couldn’t have thought of that,” Kathie Lee Gifford said.
- 3 oz Rosemary-Infused Vodka
- 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
- splash of Green Olive Brine
- Penguin Olive Ingredients
- small and jumbo size Black Olives
- Cocktail Onions
- Rosemary Stems
- 1 or 2 peeled Carrots
- peeled, sliced Turnip
Jeanne Benedict: Today Show Penguin Martini Recipe Directions
- To make your own rosemary-infused vodka, let sprigs of rosemary sit in two cups of vodka overnight. The next day, strain the vodka and throw away the used sprigs.
- Combine all ingredients over ice in a shaker.
- Strain and serve in a martini glass, garnished with Penguin Olives.
Penguin Olive Directions
- Cut a slit on the side of a pitted jumbo olive and insert a cocktail onion to create the penguin body (trim the onion to fit).
- Put a small pitted olive on its side, on top of the jumbo olive, to form a head. Insert a toothpick to hold the olives together.
- Peel a carrot and slice it into 1/4” rounds. Cut a wedge out of the round to form feet, and insert the toothpick into the feet as well.
- Use slivers of carrot to create a beak, inserted into the X of the olive head.
- Brush a turnip slice with lemon juice and insert the penguin.