Today Show: Katie Lee
Breakfast in bed can be a nice Father’s Day tradition, and Katie Lee was in Today’s Kitchen to share her dressed up Nectarine and Cream Cheese French Toast Sandwiches. If you like to keep it simple, you can find her classic French Toast recipe below as well.
“French toast is so easy, and you probably already have the ingredients to make it,” Lee said.
Today Show: Katie Lee Nectarine and Cream Cheese French Toast Sandwiches Recipe Ingredients
- 3 tbsp Salted Butter
- 8 1/4” slices Challah Bread (or use Brioche)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 thin sliced Nectarines
- 6 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Confectioner’s Sugar
Katie Lee: Today Show Nectarine and Cream Cheese French Toast Sandwiches Recipe Directions
- Melt a tablespoon of butter on medium heat in a small skillet.
- Cook nectarines for four to five minutes in the pan, to soften them. Then move them to a plate.
- Spread cream cheese on each bread slice. Divide nectarines among four bread slices, placing another bread slice on top of each to form sandwiches.
- Whisk eggs with sugar, milk, and vanilla in a shallow dish. Dip sandwiches into the egg batter, turning them to coat on all sides.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat on a griddle.
- Cook sandwiches to golden brown, about two or three minutes per side.
- At serving time, dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Katie Lee: Today Show Classic French Toast Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp granulated Sugar
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 thick slices Brioche Bread (or use Challah or Pullman)
Today Show: Katie Lee Classic French Toast Recipe Directions
- Whisk eggs with cream, vanilla, milk, sugar, and salt.
- Pour egg mix into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Arrange bread in the baking dish over the egg mixture. Let the bread soak for about two minutes.
- Flip the bread over and soak it for two more minutes on the other side.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Let excess egg mixture drip from the bread slices. Then transfer them, in batches if needed, to the skillet. Cook two to three minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or your own favorite toppings.