Rachael Ray: Quinoa Cooking
Rachael Ray’s pal Kelsey Nixon shared her secrets for cooking with Quinoa to make Pork & Apple Meatballs. Next, she used the popular protein source to make a delicious dessert of Banana Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies.
Rachael said her culinary team loves baked goods, and no one could stop talking about how delicious these cookies turned out to be. Cookies are my favorite dessert of all time, so I am all for making them healthier. Anything that gives me permission to eat more cookies is okay with me.
Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon Banana Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies Recipe Ingredients
Kelsey explained the simple steps to turning these baking ingredients into a delicious treat. Mashed banana and applesauce work together to make the recipe a bit more natural. Rachael called it “so easy and nutritious.” As an additional healthy swap, you could use raisins instead of chocolate chips (or try dark chocolate chips).
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 2 mashed ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
Kelsey Nixon: Rachael Ray Banana Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and prepare two baking sheets using parchment.
- Whisk flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the quinoa, pecans, oats, and coconut to the bowl.
- Separately, mix bananas with peanut butter, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Arrange spoonfuls of dough on the baking sheets.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheets for a few minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply