Rachael Ray: Slow Cooker Recipes
Kelsey Nixon visited Rachael Ray to show us all how to put our slow cookers to work on some delicious dishes. Enjoy Italian Hero Dip, Buffalo Chicken Sliders, or Chicken Meatball Subs.
Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon Slow Cooker Italian Hero Dip Recipe Ingredients
Sour cream might seem like an unusual addition to the crock pot, but it’s never a mistake when you are assembling a dip. You can customize the stir-ins to your liking.
- 2 16-oz packages Sour Cream
- 1 1/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 cup thin sliced Scallions
- 4 oz chopped Ham
- 1/2 cup chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fine shredded Provolone Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (divided)
- 4 oz chopped Salami
- 1/2 cup Pepperoncini
Kelsey Nixon: Rachael Ray Slow Cooker Italian Hero Dip Recipe Directions
- In a slow cooker, mix sour cream with mayonnaise, scallions, provolone, and cream cheese.
- Cover and cook for three to four hours on low (or 90 to 120 minutes on high).
- Mix in ham with salami just before serving. Don’t forget to throw in the cherry tomatoes and pepperoncini as well.
- Use your choice of breads as a dipper.
Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe Ingredients
Kelsey said her favorite hot sauce is Frank’s, which is a tried and true brand. This recipe for Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders uses thighs instead of wings or breasts. The blue cheese aioli delivers a great finish to every bite. “It tastes like wings, but it’s a little healthier,” Rachael said.
- 3/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 diced Yellow Onion
- 2 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 12 split, toasted Slider Buns
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 14-oz can Tomato Sauce
- Celery leaves
- Salt & Pepper
Blue Cheese Aioli Ingredients
- 1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 clove minced Garlic
Kelsey Nixon: Rachael Ray Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe Directions
- Stir hot sauce with molasses, onion, Worcestershire, garlic, and tomato sauce in a slow cooker.
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs before adding them to the slow cooker and coating them in sauce. Cover and cook about five hours.
- Transfer chicken to a mixing bowl and use two forks to shred the meat. Return chicken to slow cooker and toss to coat with sauce.
- Combine ingredients for Blue Cheese Aioli in a separate smaller bowl.
- Layer celery leaves, shredded chicken, and blue cheese aioli on each bun to serve.