The Talk: Beefsteak
Chef Marcel Vigneron, known for his time on Top Chef: All Stars, is set to open the new restaurant Beefsteak in Los Angeles. But first, he visited The Talk to prepare Coconut Pork, Green Papaya Salad, and Gluten-Free Pancakes.
The Talk: Marcel Vigneron The Last Word Cocktail Recipe
“This is The Last Word,” Marcel said, which he said became popular at The Zig Zag in Seattle. It makes him nostalgic, and the recipe is easy to scale because it uses equal parts of each ingredient.
- 3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
- 3/4 oz Maraschino Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Gin
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- Shake all ingredients over ice.
- Strain and serve in a martini glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lime.
The Talk: Marcel Vigneron Green Papaya Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 5 halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 6 split Green Beans
- 2 tbsp toasted Peanuts
- 1 sliced Red Thai Chili Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 2 cups shredded Green Papaya
Marcel Vigneron: The Talk Green Papaya Salad Recipe Directions
- Peel and seed the papaya to start. Use a mandolin to julienne papayas.
- Smash the garlic clove and crush it with chili pepper in a large mortar and pestle. The more you crush, the hotter this will become. Add fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime juice.
- Stir in green papaya with green beans, peanuts, and cherry tomatoes. Roughly pound the green beans and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Serve this salad with Coconut Pork or another favorite dish.