Good Morning America: Grilled Picnic Menu
Mario Batali shared a light grilled menu on Good Morning America, featuring a Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. His fun menu also included Prosciutto with Grilled Figs and Roasted Garlic, Scallion, and Provolone Focaccia.
To make this salad, find the freshest seasonal vegetables available at your farmer’s market or grocery store and throw them on the grill. What is your favorite vegetable to cook on the grill during summer?
Good Morning America: Mario Batali Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cored, seeded, quartered Red Bell Peppers
- 2 quartered heads Trevisano (or use Verona Radicchio)
- 12 trimmed, cleaned Scallions
- 2 Yellow Squash (cut into 1/8” strips)
- 2 Red Onions (sliced in 1/2” rounds)
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup minced Shallots
- 1 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Mario Batali: Good Morning America Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe Directions
- Preheat and/or prepare your grill.
- Arrange vegetables in single layers on baking sheets. Brush all vegetables with some of the vinaigrette and sprinkle them with salt.
- Grill the vegetables on medium high for approximately eight minutes for a light char. Flip and cook on the other sides for four minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the grill as they finish cooking and let them rest on the baking sheets.
- Arrange vegetables on a serving platter and drizzle them with the remaining dressing.
- Combine lemon juice and zest with shallots, vinegar, and salt. Let stand for up to 10 minutes.
- Slowly stream in olive oil, whisking constantly. Stir in pepper.