Good Morning America: Mario Batali
The Chew co-host Mario Batali visited Good Morning America to share some healthy grilling recipe ideas, like Garlic, Scallion, and Provolone Focaccia and Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. Plus, he shared Prosciutto Figs and Pancetta Asparagus.
Good Morning America: Mario Batali Roasted Garlic, Scallion, and Provolone Focaccia Recipe Ingredients
Save time by picking up dough from the pizzeria or bakery. Try serving this hot off the grill or at room temperature, and let the kids help make it!
- 1 package Pizza Dough
- 2 cups grated Provolone Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped Rosemary
- 1/2 cup (to 2/3 cup) Roasted Garlic Paste
- 1 bunch thin sliced Scallions
Mario Batali: Good Morning America Roasted Garlic, Scallion, and Provolone Focaccia Recipe Directions
- Preheat and/or prepare your grill.
- Divide pizza dough into two portions. Use a rolling pin to roll each dough portion into roughly 12” by 6” rectangles, 1/4” thick.
- Place one dough rectangle over the hottest spot on the grill. Cook two minutes, until the bottom is light gold and dry. Use tongs to flip and cook the dough on the other side for two more minutes. Then remove from the grill and let rest.
- Repeat the grilling process with the second dough portion.
- Use a serrated knife to halve each focaccia horizontally. Smear garlic paste and rosemary on the top halves and spread provolone and scallions on the bottom halves.
- Close up the tops and bottoms. Wrap the bread in foil and return the loaves to the grill. Cook another five or six minutes, turning once.
- Let cool a bit before unwrapping to slice and serve.
Roasted Garlic Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Slice the tops off each garlic head so the cloves are exposed.
- Individually wrap garlic heads in foil. Roast for one hour.
- Let cool in the foil. Then unwrap and squeeze garlic cloves out of their skins into a bowl.
- Mash the garlic into a puree. Keep covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours in advance. Let come to room temperature before using.