Rachael Ray: Kid Chefs
Rachael Ray invited talented kid chefs to share some of their own favorite creations. Chandler Jackson made his Cookies and Cream Fudge. Scarlett Smorynski prepared Avocado Ice Cream. Also, Chris Ekpiken shared an idea for Cheese and Bacon Wraps.
Which of these recipes from talented young chefs is your favorite? I want to know, so cast your vote by leaving a comment.
Rachael Ray: Chandler’s Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe Ingredients
- 3 6-oz packages White Chocolate Baking Squares (crumbled into smaller squares)
- 1 package finely crushed Oreo Cookies
- 1 14-oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Rachael Ray: Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe Directions
- Set chocolate in a glass bowl over a second bowl of simmering water (or use a double boiler).
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate. Simmer on medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Place crushed Oreos in a mixing bowl. Stir in melted white chocolate.
- Use wax paper to line a square pan. Pour fudge into the lined pan.
- Top the fudge with any remaining Oreos.
- Transfer to the fridge until set to your preferred consistency.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Rachael Ray: Scarlett’s Avocado Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 cup Avage
- 2/3 cup Cream
Rachael Ray: Avocado Ice Cream Recipe Directions
- Blend ingredients together until combined.
- Transfer to freezer to set for three to four hours.
Rachael Ray: Chris’s Cheese and Bacon Wrap Recipe Ingredients
- 1 8-oz bag shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 cups cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon Bits
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
Rachael Ray: Cheese and Bacon Wrap Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Spread out the puff pastry on a flour-dusted prep surface.
- In thin, even layers, arrange cheese and bacon bits over the puff pastry.
- Roll the pastry up tightly into a roll, trapping the cheese and bacon inside.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Slice the roll into 1” circles and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.