Rachael Ray: Grilled Salad
Rachael Ray came up with another delicious recipe idea that makes my mouth water. I don’t know how she does it, but this Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad with Chipotle Crema is fresh and satisfying.
Plus, it takes advantage of fresh corn while it is still at its height as summer draws to a close. What is your favorite seasonal vegetable?
Rachael said that she writes all the 30-minute meals you find in her Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine, where you can find more meal ideas just like this.
Rachael Ray: Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad Recipe with Chipotle Crema Ingredients
- 1 cup Mexican Crema (or use Heavy Cream)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thigh (or use Chicken Breast)
- 1 tsp dried Mexican Oregano
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 6 cups chopped Romaine Hearts
- 1 sliced ripe Haas Avocado (dressed with lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp pureed Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 2 ears Corn
- 1 tbsp chopped Thyme
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Acacia Honey
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad with Chipotle Crema Recipe Directions
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium high.
- Combine cream and chipotle in a saucepan over low heat; stir now and then. Let it simmer for five minutes or so, until it starts to thicken. Keep it warm for later.
- Drizzle chicken and corn with olive oil.
- Add thyme, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken and corn for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and chicken is charred here and there.
- Scrape the corn kernels off the cobs and into a large bowl. Then slice the chicken and add it to the bowl.
- Dress chicken and corn with juice from one lime.
- Whisk the rest of the lime juice with honey and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Toss this dressing with the greens.
- Serve plated salad topped with cheese, chicken, corn, crema, and avocado.