Rachael Ray: Prosciutto Chicken
Rachael Ray never runs out of ideas for making chicken breast special, which is a true talent if you ask me. This time her idea included melt-in-your-mouth Boursin cheese, along with a bit of prosciutto for good measure.
This is another of Rachael’s meal ideas that has a short ingredient list but plenty of flavor. For another recipe with just a handful of ingredients, try her Portuguese Chorizo Stew.
Lemon is one of the secret super ingredients in this recipe. Roasting the citrus will make those juices come alive. They will be flowing and delivering flavor to every bite by the time you are ready to assemble your plates.
Rachael Ray: Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Garlic and Herb Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- 2 chopped cloves Garlic
- 1 5.4-oz wheel Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese
- 1/2 Lemon
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 12 oz stemmed Kale (or use Spinach)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Garlic and Herb Cheese Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Use a knife to butterfly each chicken breast. Cut through the center horizontally, but don’t cut all the way through so that you split the breast in half. You just want to be able to open it up like a book.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Divide cheese among each of the four chicken breasts.
- Fold the chicken breasts closed.
- Wrap a prosciutto slice around each chicken breast.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a skillet.
- Brown chicken breasts on all sides.
- Place the lemon in the pan, cut side down.
- Carefully cover the pan with foil. Then move it to the hot oven for 6 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate; keep it under a foil tent so it stays warm while it rests.
- Remove lemon from pan.
- Add oil to the pan and use it to wilt the kale; salt and pepper.
- Plate chicken over a bed of wilted greens. Drizzle with grilled lemon juice to serve.