Rachael Ray: Adam Perry Lang
Chef Adam Perry Lang visited Rachael Ray to share some barbecue secrets that can work for you during your next cookout. In addition to some helpful tips, Adam shared his Whiskey BBQ Sauce and a Chili Powder Spice Rub.
Rachael Ray: Adam Perry Lang Whiskey BBQ Sauce Recipe Ingredients
Adam demonstrated how to prepare his Whiskey BBQ Sauce. You could substitute your own favorite brand if you like something other than Adam’s preferred brand, George Dickel No. 12.
“I balance it out with just a little bit of vinegar,” he said. This shortcut sauce recipe helps you take a store-bought sauce to the next level.
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup George Dickel No. 12 Whiskey
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 3 cups Barbecue Sauce
Adam Perry Lang: Rachael Ray Whiskey BBQ Sauce Recipe Directions
- Combine whiskey with white vinegar and honey over medium heat in a saucepan. Let cook and listen for a frying sound.
- Once you hear the frying sound, meaning that the alcohol has cooked out of the mixture, take the pan off the heat and stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Place the pan back over the heat to simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- If you are using the sauce as a glaze, mixing in some water can help to thin it out first.
Rachael Ray: Adam Perry Lang Chili Powder Spice Rub Recipe Ingredients
“These are the components of chili,” Adam Perry Lang said of the ingredients in this homemade Chili Powder Spice Rub. Toasting whole spices awakens their flavor.
Using a hand-powdered coffee mill (instead of an electric grinder) will help safeguard against grinding your spice elements too finely.
Instead of losing a lot of the flavor during the cooking process, Adam suggested using this spice rub as a finishing salt. Sprinkle it over the meat as you slice and serve it.
- 1 or 2 seeded, torn Guajillo Chilies
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 or 2 seeded, torn Chipotle Chilies
- 1 tbsp dried Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
Adam Perry Lang: Rachael Ray Chili Powder Spice Rub Recipe Directions
- Use a coffee mill or mortar and pestle to work the ingredients together.
- Apply this rub to season any meat after it has been grilled.