Rachael Ray: Anne Burrell
Chef Anne Burrell joined Rachael Ray in the kitchen for a burger cook-off. Anne prepared her Killer Turkey Burgers, while Rachael shared her Daym Drops Burger. Tell me which recipe you like best by leaving a comment.
Water Chestnuts will help to give this burger a surprising crunchy texture. According to Anne, you don’t have to worry about this turkey burger coming out dry, which is a complaint you may have experienced firsthand in the past. Tell me what you think of turkey burgers in the comments.
Rachael Ray: Anne Burrell Killer Turkey Burgers Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb ground Turkey
- 1 8-oz can coarsely chopped Water Chestnuts
- 2 tbsp Sambal Oelek (or use Asian Chili Paste)
- 1 diced Onion
- 2 cloves smashed, fine chopped Garlic
- 1” peeled, grated Ginger
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 bunch fine chopped Cilantro
- 4 Burger Buns
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- American Cheese
- Red Onion
- Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Butter Lettuce
Anne Burrell: Rachael Ray Killer Turkey Burgers Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on medium. Add onion with salt and cook until its aroma fills the kitchen.
- Add garlic, cooking another minute or two. Take off heat and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine turkey with water chestnuts, sambal, ginger, soy sauce, and cilantro. Stir in the garlic and onions.
- Add about 1/3 cup water to the mix, working it by hand until everything has combined.
- Form the meat into four equal portions.
- Use a paper towel to wipe out (but not completely clean) the onion pan.
- Add olive oil to the pan and put it on medium high heat.
- Add burgers to the pan, but don’t overcrowd it. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
- Toast the buns before assembling the burgers with your choice of toppings.