Rachael Ray: BLC Spaghetti
Rachael Ray reinvented spaghetti with some fun additions, including ingredients that help make her BLC Spaghetti even better for you. Once you taste it, you might change up family pasta night forever. Rachael suggested that it has even edged out carbonara as her husband’s favorite dish: BLC Spaghetti. That stands for Bacon, Leek, and Chard.
Rachael chose Farro, but you could use any whole wheat spaghetti to get the job done. Farro has a nutty flavor and is high in protein and fiber, so those are all good things. She noted that Farro takes longer to cook than some other types of pasta, so consider that during your meal prep.
Rachael Ray: Bacon, Leek & Chard Spaghetti Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 lb fine diced meaty Bacon
- 4 thin sliced cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 lb Farro Spaghetti (or use Whole Wheat Spaghetti)
- 2 chopped Leeks (quartered along length)
- 1 bunch stemmed, thin sliced Swiss Chard
- grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Bacon, Leek & Chard Spaghetti Recipe Directions
- Boil a large pot of water in which to cook your pasta.
- Toast walnuts in a dry pan on medium heat. Then chop and save till the end.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a skillet. Add bacon, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add garlic with leeks; salt and pepper. Stir for two or three minutes; add wine.
- Add chard and let it wilt. Then reduce heat to low.
- Generously salt the boiling water. Add spaghetti and cook to al dente.
- As you drain the cooked pasta, reserve one cup of the cooking water in a mug.
- Add about half the reserved water to the skillet, along with 1/2 of your toasted nuts.
- Toss the pasta in its sauce; salt and pepper.
- Toss with grated cheese, drizzle with olive oil, and top off with the remaining nuts.