Rachael Ray: Sriracha Baked Wings
Rachael Ray had the perfect idea for putting a new spicy spin on hot wings. Be sure to check out her Super Sriracha Wings if you think you can stand the heat. She even explained how to make your own pickled carrot and celery sticks.
Instead of deep frying, this wing recipe gets crispy in the oven. And don’t even get me started about how great that Horseradish Blue Cheese dip sounds.
Rachael Ray: Pickled Carrot & Celery Sticks
“There’s something that’s so good about the richness and the spiciness of the blue cheese. But you need something to sort of cut through it, so you need the acidity,” guest co-host Curtis Stone said of the pickled carrots and celery.
He said that you can customize the spice blend to your liking. The longer you leave the veggies in the pickling brine, the more of the flavor they will absorb.
Rachael Ray: Baked Sriracha Wings Recipe with Pickled Carrot and Celery Sticks Ingredients
- 6 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Superfine Sugar
- 3 lb Drumettes (or use cut Wings)
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Kosher Salt
Pickled Carrot and Celery Stick Ingredients
- Pickling Spice (see below)
- 1 cup Water
- 4 or 5 Celery ribs (in 3” sticks)
- 1/3 cup Superfine Sugar
- 1 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 peeled Carrots (in 3” sticks)
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
Pickling Spice Ingredients
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1/2 tsp Allspice Berries
- 1 tsp Coriander Seed
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2 slices Ginger Root
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Black Peppercorns
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/4” grated Ginger
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cloves fine chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp coarse Black Pepper
Horseradish Blue Cheese Ingredients
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup minced Chives
- 1 splash of Cream (or use Half & Half)
- 3 tbsp prepared Horseradish
- 1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Lime wedges
- toasted Sesame Seeds
- chopped Nuts
- chopped Scallions
Rachael Ray: Baked Sriracha Wings with Pickled Carrot and Celery Sticks Recipe Directions
- In an extra large plastic food bag, combine ingredients for the brine. Add wings to the bag, close it up, and chill it on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator for several hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 450 F.
- Drain the wings and pat them dry to remove any wet marinade. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake the wings for about 35 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Wings are done cooking at an internal temperature of 165 F.
- For the pickled carrots and celery, first combine all the pickling spice ingredients. Then mix all the ingredients (except vegetables) together in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Take it off the heat once it has reached boiling. Then pour the hot liquid over the carrots and celery to begin the pickling process.
- Once it has cooled a bit, transfer the mixture to a storage container and chill overnight.
- Take the carrots and celery out of the brine to serve them.
- Make the sauce by heating butter on medium until it foams. Then add garlic with black pepper and ginger, slowly stirring.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer to thicken.
- Place the sauce in a large bowl. Add the freshly cooked wings and toss them in the sauce to coat.
- Combine the ingredients for the Horseradish Blue Cheese dipping sauce.
- Serve wings with a toppings bar so guests can customize their own fun.