Rachael Ray: Too-Tall Burgers
Rachael made a modified version of Thousand Island dressing as the special sauce for her burger, using a sour cream base instead of mayonnaise. Rachael said grating onion over the burger meat will add juices to give the patties even more flavor.
“It’s a double-decker burger, so you want to make these patties nice and thin,” Rachael said. Remember to make them thicker at the edges and thinner at the centers. Kosher salt will help give the meat a great crust.
Rachael Ray: Big Smacker Daym Drops Burger Recipe Ingredients
- 12 slices meaty Bacon
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 1/4 lb 80% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2-3 dashes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 6 Brioche Buns (or use Sesame Seed Buns)
- 1 peeled Onion
- 8 slices Sharp White American Cheese
- chopped Iceberg Lettuce (or use Romaine)
- Bread & Butter Pickle Chips
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil (or use Canola Oil)
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Big Smacker Daym Drops Burger Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- Bake the bacon on the center rack using a slotted pan. Then cut it into bacon bits.
- Stir sour cream with relish, ketchup, Worcestershire, and hot sauce; salt and pepper.
- Take two buns and trim their tops. Then cut them horizontally to form the dividers for your double-decker burgers. Split the rest of the rolls normally and get all the bread toasted.
- Salt and pepper the meat; grate 3 tbsp onion over it. Then form eight thin, wide patties. Give the rest of the onion a fine chop. Rinse the onion and save it for later.
- Heat a skillet on medium high with 1/2 tbsp oil. Cook patties for five to six minutes, turning halfway through. Melt cheese over each of the patties.
- Layer the burgers as follows: bottom bun, lettuce, pickles, cheeseburger, bacon bits, onion, sauce, middle bun divider, lettuce, pickles, cheeseburger, bacon bits, onion, sauce, top bun.