Rachael Ray: Healthy Crock Pot Dinner
Ground turkey is a lighter choice in terms of protein. You could also substitute ground chicken or beef if you prefer. Dill and oregano are part of the mix as well, but this is truly a simple recipe because there are just a handful of ingredients to bring together.
Harper reminded everyone that some natural fats can be very good for you. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper, because you want plenty of flavor even though you are cutting back on calories. Bob also pointed out how colorful this meal can be, thanks in part to the fresh, bright peppers that take center stage.
Rachael Ray: Bob Harper Slow Cooker Skinny Stuffed Peppers Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 head rough chopped Cauliflower
- 1 peeled, rough chopped Carrot
- 2 tbsp dried Oregano
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 28-oz can Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 rough chopped Onion
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 tsp dried Dill
- 6 Red and/or Yellow Bell Peppers
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
Bob Harper: Rachael Ray Slow Cooker Skinny Stuffed Peppers Recipe Directions
- Combine cauliflower with carrots and onions in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to a medium chop.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a mixing bowl, along with the turkey, dill, oregano, and lemon juice; salt and pepper.
- Separately, combine tomato paste with tomato sauce; reserve.
- Cut the tops off the peppers about 1/2” from the top. Save the tops for later.
- Take out the ribs and seeds from each pepper. Stuff the pepper cavities with the mixture of turkey and vegetables. Place the stuffed peppers inside the slow cooker.
- Place the tops back on each pepper. Pour the tomato sauce mix over the peppers.
- Close the lid and cook for four hours on high or eight hours on low.
- Serve garnished with your choice of fresh herbs and citrus zest.