Rachael Ray: Marc Murphy Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
Rachael Ray was in the kitchen with chef Marc Murphy, talking about Thanksgiving dinner. They both agreed that it doesn’t have to be nearly as intimidating as people make it you to be. Marc wanted to share the recipe for one of his favorite Thanksgiving side dishes: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. If you’ve been turning away from Brussels sprouts all your life, this is the recipe that will have you finally willing to give it a try.
To find out how to make this recipe in your own kitchen, click next page.
Rachael Ray: Brussels Sprouts With Bacon Recipe Ingredients
- 4 C halved and trimmed Brussels sprouts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz slab bacon – diced
Rachael Ray: Brussels Sprouts With Bacon Recipe Directions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes then drain
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until the fat has rendered out and the bacon is brown and crispy, about 6-7 minutes
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan in a sinhle layer, cut side down, and cook, without stirring, until the sprouts are lightly browned, approximately 3 minutes
- Stir and continue to cook until the sprouts are browned on the other side, another 2 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the mixture among four plates and serve right away