Rachael Ray: Taco Night
It was chicken taco night in Rachael Ray’s kitchen. You can recreate the magic at home by making her recipe for Ground Chicken and Chipotle Hard Tacos.
Try to get some char marks on your romaine for a little added depth of flavor in this simple family favorite. What I love about taco night is that everyone can add their own favorite toppings. Tell me what you think makes the perfect taco by leaving a comment.
“It’s going to be messy, but it’s going to be good,” Rachael promised.
Rachael Ray: Ground Chicken and Chipotle Hard Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tsp Light Agave
- 1 thin sliced Red Onion
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 2 tbsp pureed Chipotle in Adobo
- 6 to 8 flat bottom Hard Shell Corn Tortillas
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 thin sliced Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 fine chopped Onion
- 1 pinch ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- crumbled Cotija Cheese (or use Queso Fresco)
- chopped Tomatoes
- Hot Sauce
- chopped Romaine Lettuce
- Cilantro leaves
Rachael Ray: Ground Chicken and Chipotle Hard Tacos Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 325 F.
- Combine the juice of one lime with light agave in a bowl. Add jalapeno with red onion, salt and pepper. Toss well and let sit for about 25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high. Once oil is smoking, add chicken. Crumble the chicken with your spatula as the meat browns.
- Toss in garlic with onions, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add chipotles with stock and the rest of the agave.
- Bring everything to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, adding more stock if needed, to keep things from drying out.
- Add the rest of the lime juice. Take the pan off the heat.
- Warm the taco shells in the oven for six or seven minutes.
- Fill shells with chicken filling and your choice of toppings.