Rachael Ray: Siri Pinter
Siri Pinter, the fiancee of Carson Daly, is also a mother of three and a food blogger. She said that there is great inspiration to be found online, especially if you love to cook. That’s where she found an idea for Mason Jar Lid Apple Pies, which she made for Rachael Ray.
When it comes to lemon zest, Siri said you just want the bright yellow parts, not the white, which will taste more bitter. If you don’t have a juicer in your kitchen, just use your hands. Just be careful when you put the pies together so that you don’t overfill them.
After taking us inside her own home kitchen to test out this recipe, Siri declared it a winner.
Rachael Ray: Siri Pinter Mason Jar Lid Apple Pies Recipe Ingredients
- 2 peeled, cored, chopped Honeycrisp Apples
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- pats of Butter
- 1 tbsp Turbinado Sugar
- 1 thawed Pie Dough
- 1 beaten Egg
Siri Pinter: Rachael Ray Mason Jar Lid Apple Pies Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix apples with sugar, nutmeg, salt, lemon zest and juice, flour, and cinnamon.
- On a flour-dusted work surface, roll out the pie dough and stretch it about 1 1/4 inches wider than its size.
- Use the outer ring of a Mason jar lid as a stencil and trace three circles in the dough with a paring knife.
- Trace the inner ring of the lid with a paring knife to cut out three smaller circles.
- Place the smaller inner circles inside the outer circles. Set them face up.
- Set the larger circle inside the lid, pressing it up against the sides.
- Place the filling mixture inside the bottom crusts, along with small butter pats.
- Set the smaller circle on top and pinch at the edges to stick the crusts together.
- Brush the mini pies with an egg wash. Add pats of butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place the mini pies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about half an hour, until bubbly and golden.
- Let cool before serving.