Rachael Ray: Fun Steak Dinner
Rachael Ray dressed up a basic steak dinner with a few fun and fabulous tweaks. Her Spanish-Style Skirt Steak Pinwheels are stuffed with parsley, garlic, chorizo sausage, and best of all, Manchego cheese.
The garlic is optional in this dish, because you will get some of the flavor from the chorizo as well. She suggested that you can go light on salt since you are already using a lot of other ingredients that have savory flavors.
She said you can even use a box grater to help break down the chorizo into a small size, since it needs to be finely broken down. I have to believe it’s worth the little bit of extra work when the finished product hits your taste buds. If you’re feeling up to it, try these on the grill. But Rachael said she prefers the cast-iron pan method.
Be sure to try this tasty dish, and tell me your favorite ingredient in the comments at the end.
Rachael Ray: Spanish-Style Skirt Steak Pinwheels Recipe Ingredients
- 3 fine chopped cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch stemmed Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 lb shaved Manchego Cheese
- 2 portions Skirt Steak
- 1/2 lb grated Spanish Chorizo
- 1/2 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rachael Ray: Spanish-Style Skirt Steak Pinwheels Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Use a kitchen mallet to pound the meat portions very thin (about 1/8”).
- Dress the meat with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread parsley generously over the meat.
- Add a layer of grated chorizo over the parsley, followed by a layer of cheese.
- Roll meat tightly into a pinwheel and secure it using kitchen string.
- Cut each steak portion in half, so that it forms two pinwheels.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet on medium high.
- Brown pinwheels in olive oil, flipping after a few minutes so they brown on both sides.
- Place lemon in the pan, cut side down.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast 10 minutes.
- Squeeze roasted lemon juice over steak pinwheels before serving.