Rachael Ray: Foodie Favorites
Rachael Ray assembled some of her favorite people to share recipes that are meaningful to them (and delicious to us) on a special episode of her show. Her husband made a TC Cocktail, while Sunny Anderson prepared Vegetarian Collard Greens.
Rachael Ray: The TC Cocktail Recipe
Rachael’s husband John Cusimano shared this classic cocktail on the show, adding a splash of lime juice to the equation.
- 2 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz fresh Lime Juice
- Club Soda
- Combine gin, simple syrup, and citrus juices over ice in a Tom Collins glass and stir.
- Top off the drink with club soda.
- Use a cherry and an orange wheel to garnish this cocktail.
Rachael Ray: Sunny Anderson Southern Vegetarian Collard Greens Recipe Ingredients
Though traditionally Collard Greens might include pork to add flavor and protein, this is a lighter vegetarian version of the Southern side dish staple. It seems that Sunny’s preferred method is to cook all of the color out of its greens. However, Sunny knew that her grandmother would not approve of leaving pork out of this dish.
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 fine chopped clove Garlic
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 lb chopped Collard Greens
- 2 seeded, chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Sunny Anderson: Rachael Ray Southern Vegetarian Collard Greens Recipe Directions
- Heat oil and butter on medium heat in a large pot.
- Cook the onion in the pot, stirring now and then for two minutes or so, to soften it up.
- Add crushed pepper with garlic, stirring for about a minute, until you can smell their aromas.
- Add the collard greens, cooking about one minute.
- Next, pour in the vegetable stock. Cover and simmer, reducing heat to low.
- Stir occasionally as you let this cook for about 90 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in the tomatoes; salt and pepper.