Rachael Ray: Sweetie Pie’s
Miss Robbie Montgomery and Tim Norman from the Oprah Winfrey Network series Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s visited Rachael Ray with a recipe from their St. Louis-based chain of soul food restaurants. Check out the Sweetie Pie’s recipe for Mac & Cheese.
Evaporated Milk helps to thicken the texture of this recipe. Then you have so many types of cheese that you won’t know what to do with yourself. But it wasn’t until she saw the sour cream that Rachael declared this recipe to be “rich.”
But it’s okay, because Rachael and Miss Robbie agreed that “everything is better with butter.” However, no one could seem to decide whether Miss Robbie or Tim is the better cook. When you make it at home, you won’t have to have that argument.
Rachael Ray: Sweetie Pie’s Mac & Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 12-oz can Evaporated Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 lb shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tbsp Whole Milk
- 2 or 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1/2 lb cubed Velveeta
- 1/3 lb shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/3 lb fancy shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
Rachael Ray: Sweetie Pie’s Mac & Cheese Recipe Directions
- Boil six cups of water and add some salt. Then cook the noodles to al dente.
- Strain under cold water after cooking.
- Preheat the oven at 375 F and prepare a casserole dish using butter.
- Whisk evaporated milk with eggs, sugar, and sour cream.
- Place macaroni in the casserole dish. Then stir in the milk mixture until fully combined.
- Add butter with margarine, Velveeta, Cheddar, Colby Jack, and pepper.
- Mix everything well and add the milk. Gently press everything down into the casserole dish. Top with fancy mild cheddar.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. The casserole is done when the cheese is melted and lightly browned.