Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon
Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon Roasted Vegetable Panini Recipe with Herbed Feta Spread
Rachael said that making this at home yourself is a great way to be cost-conscious and practice healthy eating.
- 2 cups Roasted Vegetables (no vinaigrette)
- 4 pieces Red Leaf Lettuce
- 4 slices halved Ciabatta
- Olive Oil
Herbed Feta Spread Ingredients
- 4 oz crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Basil leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat a grill pan or panini press on medium high.
- Stir together the feta spread ingredients.
- Divide the ciabatta pieces in half and spread one half of them with the herbed feta.
- Top with 1/4 roasted vegetables and one lettuce leaf each.
- Cover the sandwiches with the leftover ciabatta pieces.
- Brush with olive oil. Place in the grill pan or on the panini press.
- Cook, turning once, until the bread is crisp. Cheese and vegetables should be heated through. This would take about nine minutes in a pan, but less time in a panini press.
- Serve warm.
Kelsey Nixon: Rachael Ray Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Vegetable Lasagna is still hearty and cheesy, but it’s lighter because it doesn’t have the meat, at least in this version. From this recipe, Kelsey promised “lots of color, lots of nutrition, so much flavor.”
- 1 15-oz container part-skim Ricotta
- 1 10-oz package thawed frozen chopped Spinach (squeezed of excess moisture)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 recipe Roasted Vegetables (no vinaigrette)
- 12 no-boil Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup torn Basil leaves
- 6 cups Marinara Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Whisk ricotta with eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach.
- Separately, combine Parmesan with mozzarella and basil.
- Spread one third of the marinara in the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Place a layer of the noodles over this sauce.
- Add one third of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles, plus one third of the roasted vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle one third of the shredded cheese mix as the next layer.
- Repeat sauce, noodles, ricotta, vegetables, and cheese twice more, ending with the third and final cheese layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for about half an hour.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before digging in.