Today Show: Seamus Mullen
Today Food welcomed Seamus Mullen to the kitchen with his bright and light meal idea for Grilled Skirt Steak Salad with Hearts of Palm. Keep reading to get the recipe and find out what makes it a go-to healthy favorite.
Mullen recommended skirt steak because it’s an affordable, delicious cut of meat that cooks quickly on the grill. You can substitute another crunchy green, such as arugula, in place of romaine. Tell me how you customized this salad in your kitchen by leaving a comment.
Burrata helps give the salad a creamy finish that your taste buds won’t believe. Just remember to carve the steak “across the grain so that it doesn’t get chewy,” Mullen said.
Today Show: Seamus Mullen Grilled Skirt Steak Salad with Hearts of Palm Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb grass-fed Skirt Steak
- 2 lb rough chopped Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 rough chopped English Cucumber
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (or use 4 Romaine Hearts)
- 1 handful torn Basil leaves
- 1/2 lb Hearts of Palm
- 2 cups rough chopped fresh Melon
- 1 thin sliced Shallot
- 1 bunch thin sliced Breakfast Radish
- 2 pieces Burrata
- Coarse Sea Salt
- ground Black Pepper
Seamus Mullen: Today Show Grilled Skirt Steak Salad with Hearts of Palm Recipe Directions
- Preheat a grill on high. Use olive oil, salt and pepper to dress steak and hearts of palm; reserve.
- Combine all other salad ingredients (except burrata) in a large bowl. Toss well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dress with a vinaigrette.
- Halve each piece of burrata. Place one piece on each serving plate, with the cut sides up. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill hearts of palm on high heat, turning often, until tender in the centers and charred on the outsides. Take off heat, thinly slice, and reserve.
- Grill steak on high heat for about three minutes per side (medium rare). Let rest about three minutes off the heat.
- Arrange salad around the burrata on each plate. Top with grilled hearts of palm.
- Slice the steak against the grain and arrange it among the four serving plates. Enjoy immediately.
Leave a Reply