Kathie Lee & Hoda: Today Food’s Siri Pinter
Siri Pinter had a busy morning in the kitchen. She started by making a Summer Vegetable Chowder recipe, another of Today’s One-Pot Meals. Then, she joined Kathie Lee and Hoda to turn her chowder leftovers into a second meal: Creamy Chicken & Rice Casserole.
“I just want everyone to feel confident and comfortable in the kitchen,” Pinter said of her new role as a Today Food contributor. Pinter had a glass of red wine, while the ladies chose white.
Getting started making this meal is as simple as shredding a rotisserie chicken and heating up the leftover chowder. Then you just pop it in the oven. I love when putting a meal together is this easy. What would you add or change about this casserole recipe? I want to hear your suggestions.
Hoda Kotb does not eat cheese, so she did not get to taste test this dish. If you are lactose-intolerant, you could leave out the cheese or replace it with a non-dairy alternative.
Today Show: Siri Pinter Creamy Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe Ingredients
Pinter also shared a great way to turn the leftovers from this chowder recipe into a whole new meal, her Creamy Chicken & Rice Casserole. Which version do you think sounds best? Share your opinion by leaving a comment.
- 5 cups leftover Summer Vegetable Chowder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Brown Rice
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 4 cups shredded, cooked Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Coarse Breadcrumbs
Siri Pinter: Today Show Creamy Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Reheat leftover chowder in a pot on low heat, stirring often.
- Add broth with rice to the pot, heating on low.
- Once heated through, take off burner. Add chicken and cheese; stir.
- Transfer to a casserole dish in an even layer. Sprinkle with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown.