The Talk: Chef Susan Feniger
Chef Susan Feniger, the woman behind LA eateries like Border Grill and Mud Hen Tavern, was back at The Talk with delicious ideas for Apple-Goat Cheese-Hazelnut Brussels Sprouts and a healthy Green Juice idea. Also try her Cauliflower and Bacon Puttanesca Over Spaghetti Squash.
The Talk: Susan Feniger Green Juice Recipe
Green Drinks and smoothies are all the rage, especially when people are starting out on new diet programs. Check out Susan Feniger’s spin on Green Juice if you need a new way to start your day.
- 6 washed Cucumbers
- 1 bunch washed Spinach
- 1 piece Ginger
- 3 washed, quartered Granny Smith Apples
- 1 bunch Black Kale
- 1 cup peeled Pineapple
- Combine ingredients in a juicer and enjoy immediately.
The Talk: Susan Feniger Apple-Goat Cheese-Hazelnut Brussels Sprouts Recipe Ingredients
Leave the goat cheese out to make this dish vegan. With or without the goat cheese, it seems like a fresh and fun salad. Who says that healthy eating doesn’t taste great? Whoever it is must not know about recipes like this!
- 6 cups thin shaved Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cored, diced Granny Smith Apples
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 6 oz soft Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
Susan Feniger: The Talk Apple-Goat Cheese-Hazelnut Brussels Sprouts Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them for about seven minutes, or until roasted and lightly browned.
- Pour roasted nuts into a clean dish towel. Use the towel to lightly roll the nuts and remove their skins.
- Chop hazelnuts into small pieces (or pulse them in a food processor). Reserve.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a saute pan.
- Cook Brussels sprouts with apples, stirring occasionally. Let sprouts brown at the edges.
- Add hazelnuts to the pan, along with goat cheese and lemon juice.
- Toss everything together. Remove from heat and serve immediately.