The Talk: Who is Gesine Bullock-Prado?
Pastry chef Gesine Bullock-Prado joined The Talk to share her love of baking in recipes like Golden Eggs. During her appearance, she also made a Chocolate Caramel Tart and Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies.
Did you know that Gesine is the younger sister of actress Sandra Bullock? After working with her sister for several years in the entertainment industry, Gesine decided to begin a new chapter by pursuing her love of baking. Now you can reap the rewards in her new cookbook, Let Them Eat Cake.
The Talk: Gesine Bullock-Prado Golden Eggs Recipe Ingredients
Though there wasn’t much time to prepare these on TV, the ladies of The Talk did get to taste test them, and it seemed like they were a hit!
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 room temperature Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 1 cup room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (whip to medium peaks and chill)
- 1/2 cup Clarified Butter (or use Ghee)
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Sugar
Gesine Bullock-Prado: The Talk Golden Eggs Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 325 F and prepare an egg mold.
- Mix flour with salt, baking powder, and nutmeg, whisking for 30 seconds.
- Cream sugar with butter in a stand mixer using the paddle. Mix on high for about four minutes, until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one by one, mixing well in between them. Then add vanilla.
- Next, add half the flour mix and start to work it in before adding half the buttermilk.
- Continue to alternate between the flour mixture and buttermilk until you have mixed them all together into a batter. Do not over-work this.
- Use a spatula to scrape the sides and gently fold through the batter to work out any leftover lumps.
- Fold in whipped cream. Then transfer the filling into the egg mold, filling its cavities 3/4 full. Work in batches if needed. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt clarified butter on low in a saucepan.
- Whisk sugar with cinnamon.
- Use a pastry brush to butter the cakes when the come out of the oven. Then sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar before serving.