The Talk: Chef Neal Fraser
The Talk welcomed Neal Fraser to the kitchen with his side dish idea for Cabbage and Smoked Bacon. This salad would pair well with an entree of Sauteed Scallops with Carrot and Pea Succotash. Plus, you can enjoy any cocktail hour with his Perfect Manhattan.
These days, Fraser’s Los Angeles restaurants include Redbird and Fritzi Dog, which features vegan hot dog alternatives. He started his career by working under Wolfgang Puck. Fraser has since developed his own “New American” style, and he has been a contestant on Top Chef Masters and Iron Chef America.
The Talk: Neal Fraser Perfect Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
“This is what I drink when I go home,” Fraser revealed of his Perfect Manhattan.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 brandy-soaked Cherries
- 2 oz Vermouth
- 1 drop Cherry Liqueur
- Combine liquid ingredients.
- Strain over ice and serve in a Japanese mixing glass, garnished with cherries.
The Talk: Neal Fraser Napa Cabbage and Smoked Bacon Recipe Ingredients
It’s often said that everything is better with bacon, and you know that’s true when it comes to cabbage. This would made a great side dish with any seafood dinner.
Aisha Tyler called the finished product “unbelievable and super bacon-y,” which sounds like an endorsement to me.
- 1 head cored, thin sliced Napa Cabbage
- 4 oz diced smoked Bacon
- 1 peeled, sliced Yellow Onion
- 1 oz Kosher Salt
Neal Fraser: The Talk Napa Cabbage and Smoked Bacon Recipe Directions
- Place bacon with onions in a skillet or saute pan.
- Cook over medium heat. This will cause the bacon to render and onions to caramelize.
- Then add cabbage and season with salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring now and then to prevent sticking.
- Cabbage should continue to cook until it is soft with just a bit of color remaining.
- Adjust seasonings to taste before serving.