The Talk: Dessert from Leftovers
“These are staples that you guys have at home,” Ryan Scott said. His idea was to use those pantry staples along with leftovers from your refrigerator to put together some gourmet-style treats out of scraps!
The Talk: Ryan Scott Kitchen Sink Clafoutis Recipe Ingredients
You can use leftover bread, a few extra berries, and any nuts you have in the pantry to create an elegant French-style dessert. This would be a great recipe idea for someone who makes homemade granola regularly. It would also be a good option if you ever find yourself in need of a simple last-minute dessert.
“This is a fancy way of charging more in a restaurant,” Scott joked. “I guess I just gave you a trick here.”
- 1 cup Pancake Mix
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Nuts
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp melted, cooled Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Berries
- Powdered Sugar
Ryan Scott: The Talk Kitchen Sink Clafoutis Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Prepare a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it on a baking sheet.
- Stir sugar into the pancake mix.
- Whisk buttermilk with vanilla extract, butter, and eggs. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry mix.
- Fold in nuts and berries.
- Pour batter into a pie dish and bake for 45-60 minutes, until golden at the edges.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.