The Chew: Andouille & Collard Greens Soup
The co-hosts of The Chew were sharing their perfect snow day plans, and Carla Hall prepared a recipe that’s just perfect for making on a chilly snow day when you’re trapped inside all day. Her Andouille and Collard Greens Soup has the bite of the sausage you’re looking for with the collard greens added in for extra flavor and nutrition! You can use spicy or mild sausage, depending on what you like, which means this soup can have just as much heat as you want!
To get the recipe for this delicious soup, click next page.
The Chew: Andouille & Collard Greens Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 lb Andouille sausage – sliced on a bias into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs collard greens – stems removed, roughly
- 6 C chicken stock
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion – diced
- 2 cloves garlic – minved
- 2 cans red kidney beans – rinsed, drained, 15 oz each
- 1 can diced tomatoes – 15 oz
The Chew: Andouille & Collard Greens Soup Recipe Directions
- In a Dutch oven, add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat
- Add the Andouille and cook until browned, about 7-9 minutes
- Remove to a paper towel
- Add the onion, red pepper flakes, and garlic then cook unil translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add the collards, season with salt and pepper, then cook until slightly wilted about 5-7 minutes
- Add the kidney beans, chicken stock, and diced tomatoes
- Bring to a boil, the reduce to a simmer
- Cook for 45 minutes until the collards are tender.