The Chew: Beef Ribs with Shaved Broccoli Salad Recipe
Michael Symon whipped up a great Beef Ribs with Shaved Broccoli Salad recipe on The Chew, a great summer recipe you can make if you have the time and the will to create something delicious for dinner.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon Beef Ribs with Shaved Broccoli Salad Recipe Ingredients
Beef Ribs Ingredients
- 4 Pound Full Plate Beef Short Ribs (Separated)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper (to Taste)
- Applewood Chips (Soaked in Water)
- Your Favorite Barbecue Sauce
Shaved Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 4 Cups Shaved Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Salted Cashews (Roughly Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cherries (Roughly Chopped)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Michael Symon: The Chew Beef Ribs with Shaved Broccoli Salad Recipe Ingredients
- Salt and pepper the short ribs liberally and let the short ribs sit overnight in the fridge uncovered.
- If using a charcoal grill, set all the coals to one side of the grill and let them go until they’re dark red. Add the apple chips on top of the coals. Place the grill back down and place the short ribs on the cool side. Set down the lid and let the short ribs cook for six to eight hours until tender and cooked through. You want to maintain the temperature at 225 degrees if you can. If you’re using a gas grill, set one side of the grill to low. Wrap the apple chips in foil and put it on the hot side. Place the meat on the side without the heat on top of a sheet of aluminum foil and cover. Again, cook for about six to eight hours until tender and cooked through.
- No matter which way you cook the short ribs, about 1 hour before finishing, make sure to brush on some barbecue sauce to add some extra flavor.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice, cider vinegar, cashews, and dried cherries. Whisk it all together and toss the broccoli in it. Add a pinch of salt and let it sit for about 10 to 20 minutes to soak the marinade into the broccoli.
- Slice the short ribs and brush them again with barbecue sauce to taste. Serve the short ribs with the broccoli salad on the side.
Leave a Reply