The Chew: Billy Gardell
Comedian Billy Gardell, host of Monopoly Millionaires Club and star of the sitcom Mike & Molly, came to The Chew with a meaty treat. Check out Billy Gardell’s Meatballs Recipe from The Chew, which he prepared with Michael Symon.
Gardell said that food has always been a big part of his life. His grandmother had a pizzeria in the 1960s. Now he and his brother are getting into the Italian restaurant business together, along with a couple of trusted friends. If you opened a restaurant with friends and family, what type of cuisine would you want to serve? Tell me by leaving a comment.
These meatballs were conceived by the chef behind the new restaurant. They contain a mixture of beef, pork, and veal. To save time, you can use a pre-made marinara sauce.
Bonus tip: Soaking the breadcrumbs in water will help to accommodate anyone who has an egg allergy, as Gardell’s son does.
The Chew: Billy Gardell Meatballs Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb ground Beef Chuck
- 1/2 lb ground Veal
- 3 fine chopped cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (presoaked in Water)
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 1/2 lb ground Pork
- 1/4 cup fine chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Water
- Ricotta (for serving)
- Marinara Sauce (for serving)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
Billy Gardell: The Chew Meatballs Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 425 F.
- Prepare two baking sheets by lining them using parchment paper.
- Place ground meats in a mixing bowl. Add parsley, cheese, garlic, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix these ingredients. Add salt and pepper.
- Shape the meat into balls about the size of golf balls.
- Arrange the meatballs, evenly spaced, on the baking sheets.
- Bake the balls for 11-14 minutes, until browned and fully cooked.
- Transfer meatballs to a saucepot.
- Add the store-bought marinara sauce (or make your own).
- Simmer meatballs in sauce on medium low for about 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Finish meatball servings with a dab of ricotta and a parsley garnish.
Leave a Reply