The Chew: Carla Hall Strawberry Lemonade Bars Recipe
Carla Hall made a delicious Strawberry Lemonade Bars recipe on The Chew for their special “Beach Party” episode, the perfect dessert to make in advance before you head to your beach party this summer.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments below!
The Chew: Carla Hall Strawberry Lemonade Bars Recipe Ingredients
Oatmeal Shortbread Crust Ingredients
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter (Cut into Cubes)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cold Water
Strawberry Lemonade Filling Ingredients
- 6 Ounces Strawberry Preserves
- 1 Tablespoon Lemonade Drink Mix
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Cups Fresh Strawberries (Stems Removed; Hulled; Finely Chopped)
Carla Hall: The Chew Strawberry Lemonade Bars Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by making a nice oatmeal crust. In a food processor, combine 3/4 cup oats, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Pulse until fine, but a little chunky.
- Add the butter and vanilla and pulse again. If the butter is sticking to the blade, try stopping the processor and pressing the butter into the oat mixture by hand. Carla said doing this before pulsing can help prevent the butter from sticking.
- Add the water and pulse again until it all comes together. Pour into a bowl.
- Grease an 8 by 8 nonstick baking pan with high sides with butter and then add parchment paper, with the sides hanging out. Grease the parchment paper and then press half of the crust mixture into the pan.
- Bake the crust for about 12 minutes.
- For the strawberry lemonade filling, stir together the strawberry preserves, strawberries, lemonade mix, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread it out.
- In the leftover crust mixture, stir in 1/4 oats. Then crumble this mixture on top of the filling.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice into squares and serve.