The Chew: Eric Dane The Last Ship
Eric Dane came by The Chew to talk about his show The Last Ship and to help Clinton Kelly make a delicious Cavatelli with Spinach and Prosciutto recipe. This is a surprisingly easy pasta recipe you could make for dinner tonight. The basic template can also be altered for whatever you have on hand.
If you have spaghetti or fettuccine or some other pasta around, you could sub that. You could also add chicken or mushrooms or veggies like green pepper or zucchini. The sky is the limit with this recipe. Feel free to switch it up and change it in your own kitchen. It’s also great the way it is.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Cavatelli with Spinach & Prosciutto Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Cavatelli
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Sage
- 1/4 Pound Prosciutto (Sliced into Thin Ribbons)
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano (Plus More to Garnish)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Cavatelli with Spinach & Prosciutto Recipe Directions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the cavatelli. Cook until al dente.
- In a saute pan, add the butter and cook over medium high heat until the butter melts.
- Add the sage, lemon juice and zest, prosciutto, salt, and pepper and stir. Cook until the prosciutto is nice and crisp.
- Add the spinach and stir. Continue to cook until slightly melted. Then remove the sage.
- Stir in the cavatelli and a ladle of the pasta water. The pasta water is important because it helps bind the sauce together.
- Pour the pasta onto a platter and season with salt and pepper. Top with Pecorino Romano.