The Chew: Chef Roble Southern Eggs Benedict Recipe
Chef Roble came by The Chew to make a delicious Southern Eggs Benedict recipe and to visit the Silver Skillet Restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia, where he got the great biscuits for this recipe. He also talked about his recent cameo on the hit show Empire.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
The Chew: Chef Roble Southern Eggs Benedict Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Tube Frozen Biscuits (Thawed)
- 1/2 Pound Chicken Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Cream
- Cheddar Slices
- 1 Dozen Eggs
Chef Roble: The Chew Southern Eggs Benedict Recipe Directions
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat and add the chicken sausage. Keep cooking until the chicken is nicely browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the flour to create a roux with the chicken sausage fat and the olive oil. Stir around until the flour gets a wet sand consistency.
- Stir in the chicken stock, salt, pepper, and the cream. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your poached eggs. Add a few inches of water to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Crack egg egg into a small bowl, then gently slip it into the water. Make sure to add the eggs one at a time or you’ll risk meshing the eggs together. Adding them one at a time ensures that each egg will start to solidify on its own while you’re cracking the next egg into the bowl. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Cook for 4 minutes. At the end of 4 minutes, the egg whites should be cooked and the yolks should be runny. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon or fine sieve.
- Add a slice of cheddar to the bottom slice of a biscuit, top with a poached egg, some of the gravy, and the top of the biscuit.
- Serve and enjoy!