The Chew: Kid Chef
A young culinary whiz made her debut in The Chew kitchen alongside her own kitchen hero, Mario Batali. Kaitlyn Nidhan visited the show and cooked a Chicken Prosciutto Roulade recipe with Batali. Try this with your kids at home!
Kaitlyn said that she loves the opportunity to explore her creative side that she finds in the kitchen. Her passion for cooking is all her own. She explained that her mother does not spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Did you learn to cook from a family member, or did you learn outside the home? Tell me in the comments.
The Chew: Chicken Prosciutto Roulade Recipe Ingredients
Kaitlyn said that she was inspired by a version of this recipe that incorporated bacon. That sounds like a fun and creative variation to me. Which version do you think you would enjoy most?
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 8 oz Rotini Pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 12 Spinach leaves
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 chopped cloves Garlic
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
The Chew: Chicken Prosciutto Roulade Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 300 F.
- Arrange each chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Use a kitchen mallet to pound each chicken breast into a thin cutlet.
- Line three spinach leaves down the center of each chicken cutlet.
- Top each spinach line with a prosciutto slice.
- Roll each chicken breast up like a pinwheel and secure it with kitchen twine.
- Sprinkle pepper over each chicken round.
- Heat olive oil and rosemary in a large oven-safe skillet.
- Brown chicken on all sides in the rosemary oil.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake about 9 minutes.
- Let cool out of the oven until chicken can be handled.
- Remove twine and divide each chicken portion into four slices.
- Boil a large, generously salted pot of water.
- Cook rotini in boiling water to al dente; drain.
- Heat garlic and olive oil on medium high in a saute pan.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add drained rotini to the pan. Stir in parmesan until it melts. Take off heat.
- Serve each portion of roulade over rotini. Garnish with basil and serve.
Leave a Reply