The Chew: Michael Symon Chocolate Hot Dog Bun Bread Pudding Recipe
Michael Symon and Mario Batali both competed in a movie snack challenge on The Chew. They each had 10 seconds to choose something in a giant table of movie snack foods to use in a signature dish. Michael Symon choose some bizarre ingredients, but it came together into a surprisingly delicious dish, his Chocolate Hot Dog Bun Bread Pudding recipe. Mario made a Ham and Cheese Panini.
Check out my attempt to reproduce these recipes below! And be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
The Chew: Michael Symon Chocolate Hot Dog Bun Bread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
- 8 Hot Dog Buns (Broken into Bite-Sized Pieces)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Melted and Cooled Milk Chocolate
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Caramel Corn
- 2 12 Ounce Cans Root Beer
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Whipped Cream
Michael Symon: The Chew Chocolate Hot Dog Bun Bread Pudding Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Toast the hot dog buns on a grill or grill pan until nicely charred.
- Whisk together the eggs in a bowl and add the milk, pinch of salt, brown sugar, and melted chocolate.
- Fill 6 to 8 ramekins with the pieces of hot dog buns and top with the chocolate mixture. Let it sit for a minute or two to soak in. Top with caramel corn.
- Put the ramekins into a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with boiling water until it reaches about halfway up the ramekins. Carefully place the roasting pan in the oven and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the root beer, sugar, and pinch of salt until reduced by two thirds and the sugar is dissolved to make a root beer caramel.
- Once the bread pudding is finished, pop it out of the ramekins onto a plate to serve and top with root beer caramel and whipped cream.
Leave a Reply